Saturday, 10 December 2011

Re-working of an older root stand.

This is a small root stand that I made a couple of years ago from a piece of Ash cut from a tree in my garden.
It was one of the first stands that I'd made and wasn't as good as I'd like so I re-worked it a little recently.
As you can see in my previous post I think it works quite nicely on a ji ita board with my new Ilex serrata.

The original stand
The re-worked stand:
I opened up the holes slightly and thinned the underside of the ne taku.
The stand was then stained a darker shade.

Size:100mm x 65mm x 12mm

No comments:

Post a Comment