Saturday 8 October 2011

Some newly purchased pieces of wood for Ji-ita

I bought some nice pieces of wood yesterday for making ji-ita boards in the near future.

I got these from a local chap who is retired and does a bit of woodturning.
He nearly fell off his stool when I told him how much money I'd payed from some ji-ita boards in Japan
The board to the middle left with the lighter band running along it is laburnum, it's not often you get the opportunity to get this wood.



Nice burr detail on elm and oak boards
 Spalting in the bottom left of the board, this is caused by fungus
 Nice burr on oak
 I'm sure this is elm, I was so busy searching through the piles of wood I wasn't listening as closely as I should have.
Walnut, a lovely coloured & grained wood








I'll post pictures as I finish the boards

No comments:

Post a Comment